Introduction to the Solar Plexus Chakra –
Solar Plexus is the third chakra out of seven essential chakras inside the body. In Sanskrit, the Solar Plexus Chakra is called Manipura Chakra. This chakra is the abode of the Pranic energy.
Where is it located?
The Solar Plexus Chakra is located under the midriff. Yogis explained this chakra as a lotus with 10 petals in which there is a triangle pointing down.
Nature of Solar Plexus Chakra –
It will not be wrong to call solar plexus a powerhouse of energy. This is the point where ample Pranic energy gets stored and supplied across the body. How we react is because of the solar plexus chakra because this chakra is somewhat extrovert and express itself freely via rage, excitement, disappointment, courage, knowledge, and expressions, etc. All these mediums are actually virtues of a learned human being, but these virtues turn out to be vices when becomes out of control. Therefore, it is utmost important to keep the Solar Plexus Chakra balanced so one could express his feelings & emotions wisely.
When Solar Plexus Chakra is Balanced –
- You have self-confidence.
- You could make the most of your knowledge and skills.
- Your mind and aggression are under control.
- Your ego is healthy.
- You have set higher standards for yourself.
- You are very courageous.
- Your observation is very sharp.
- Your overall demeanour is impressive & inspiring.
When Solar Plexus Chakra is Imbalanced –
- Your anger is unpredictable and often harms you.
- You cannot tolerate anything going against your wish.
- You easily put weight or sometimes the excessive fire inside could lose excessive weight.
- You are easily frustrated with people, things & situations.
- You are concerned about your own needs & happiness only.
- You have a superiority complex.
- You are not empathetic to the downward section of society.
- You have digestive issues.
- You may be prone to liver problems.
Tips to Balance the Solar Plexus Chakra –
- Chant Mantra “Ram”.
- Use colour yellow, such as in clothing, accessories, home décor & food, etc.
- You can keep a yellow-coloured hanky or cloth with you.
- Have yellow & orange fruits and foods.
- Try to connect yourself with the fire element.
- Learn to apply the knowledge and emotions at the right place & right time.
- Perform Yoga Asanas such as Bridge Asana.
- Aromas like ginger, rosemary, Cedarwood, juniper, peppermint, and black pepper, etc. can help to activate the Solar Plexus Chakra.