South-west is the corner where the south and west directions meet. Generally, SW is regarded as the zone of ancestors as well as other personal relationships, such as husband-wife, parents-children, and siblings, etc. One’s relationships are often judged through the state of South-west in the house.In Vastu Shastra, the feet of Vastu Purusha is in the South-west direction which stands for stability. Additionally, South-west is the zone of skills, brilliance, savings and stability, whether in career, education, life or relationships.
If the south-west is balanced;
- Husband & wife will share stronger bonding.
- The children of the house will respect and obey the elders.
- You will gain & improve skills.
- You will earn through the skills & knowledge you have.
- You will have stability in life, education, job, career or relationships.
- Your savings will be good.
- You will have property.
- Marriageable people will get the desired marriage proposal and marriage will not get delayed.
- You will share overall good relationships with others.
If the south-west is imbalanced;
- There will be quarrels between husband & wife.
- Children will not obey their elders and will not listen to their parents.
- You will not be skilled at anything.
- You will frequently change your job or field.
- A lack of stability will always be there in career, education, job & relationships.
- You won’t be able to save money.
- You may lose property or might indulge in property-related legal matters.
- Marriageable people will not get the desired marriage proposal and marriage will be delayed. In the worst cases, engagements/love affairs may break again & again.
What makes South-west imbalanced?
There are different reasons because of which the South-west of the house can be imbalanced. A few possible ones are mentioned beneath:
- If the toilet is in SW.
- If SW is open.
- If the entrance is in SW.
- If the kitchen is in SW.
- If one drinks alcohol sitting in this direction.
- If activities or objects related to the water element are in SW.
You can share the activity or objects placed in the South-west of your house in the comment section, and we will tell you their effect on your house & life.
Tips to balance the South-west direction:
- Keep the South-west neat & clean.
- Use brown or yellow colour in SW.
- Keep the South-west closed to prevent the inflow of negative energy and outflow of positive energy.
- Make a bedroom here.
- Hang family pictures or pictures of ancestor on the South-west wall.
- Hang love birds here to add love in life or getting the desired life partner.
- You can also make a study room, practice room, or work room here.
- Decorate SW with Earthic pots & items.
- Never throw waste on the Earth.
- Add village scene image here for job stability.
- Balance the South-west by adding the sound such as Gayatri Mantra.
A Tip by OmOccult: Keep the items/tools related to your professions in the South-west; it will improve your skills/proficiency also will help you earn through the skills.